HPD Seizes Gaming Machines and Cash in McCully Raid
HONOLULU – Honolulu police shut down an illegal gambling operation in McCully on Tuesday, seizing gaming machines and cash while arresting one man during the raid.
The Honolulu Police Department executed a search warrant at a gambling room on Algaroba Street at around 6:30 p.m. According to police, officers recovered 18 gaming machines and more than $11,000 in cash during the operation.
Authorities arrested a 60-year-old man on suspicion of promoting gambling in the second degree and possession of a gambling device. Police said the arrest was made without incident.
The operation was carried out by HPD’s Narcotics/Vice Division as part of ongoing enforcement efforts targeting illegal gambling activity across Honolulu.
Related: Akron Raids Target Suspected Illegal Gambling Operations
More Regulation
Police Highlight Ongoing Enforcement Efforts
Major Jerome Pacarro of the Narcotics/Vice Division said the McCully raid was the 16th illegal gambling search warrant executed by Honolulu police so far in 2026 and the third carried out during May alone.
“By halting these illegal operations, we can prevent associated criminal elements from impacting surrounding communities”, Pacarro said.
Honolulu police continue to encourage members of the public to report suspected illegal gambling activity through the department’s vice hotline and online reporting system.
Illegal game rooms and unlicensed gambling operations remain a recurring enforcement issue in Hawaii, where most forms of commercial gambling are prohibited under state law.
RELATED TOPICS: Regulation
Review this New Post
Leave a Comment
User Comments
Comments for HPD Seizes Gaming Machines and Cash in McCully Raid